Power Points For A Personality
“We are far more
productive than perhaps
any other generation in
history. We now have
strategic, and personal—
that can help us in
our efforts to manage
our time, enhance our
efficiency, and better
manage our lives.”
THE ELEMENTS OF GOAL MANAGEMENT
Managing your time is predicated on
setting and accomplishing your goals.
These are the three elements of goal
(1) Long-term goals – These are the purposes toward which you direct your
efforts. Typically, long-term goals
are completed in a year or more.
(2) Objectives – These are the steps
needed to achieve a long-term goal.
Objectives are typically completed
in a month or more.
(3) Tasks – These are the series of
daily and weekly actions required to
meet your objectives.
THE BASICS OF GOALS
A goal is a purpose toward which you
direct your endeavors.
(4) Goals should be specific and
(5) Effective goals are ambitious but
not impossible to achieve.
(6) Assigning a reasonable amount
of time to complete your goal is
(7) To successfully achieve your goals,
break them down into objectives
THE BASICS OF OBJECTIVES
Objectives are incremental steps on
the way to achieving a long-term goal.
(8) Failing to reach objectives
jeopardizes the long-term goal.
(9) Reaching objectives builds
(10) Completing objectives on time
keeps goal achievement on
THE BASICS OF TASKS
Although tasks are the smallest increment in time management, they lead
directly to the successful attainment of
(11) Tasks are critical to achieving long term goals.
(12) Tasks can be accomplished in a few
minutes, hours, or days.
(13) Tasks must be taken as seriously as
your larger objectives and goals.
(14) Tasks that seem intimidating should
be broken down into smaller action
THE BENEFITS OF LISTS
Writing down the things you need to
accomplish as a to-do list offers many
time-saving benefits, including:
(15) Prioritizing what is most urgent,
second most urgent, and so on
(16) Showing other people what you’re
doing and how your time is spent.
(17) Keeping you focused on the important tasks
(18) Providing a visual reminder of your