Harappan / Indus Civilization
1. The Harappan Civilization was discovered in the year
2. The earliest city discovered in India was
3. The largest concentration of Harappan sites has been found along the
4. The Indus Valley civilization specialized in
1.town planning 2.architecture
3.craftsmanship 4.all of these
5. Out of the following remains excavated in Indus Valley which one indicates the commercial and economic development?
6. An advanced water management system of Harappan times has been unearthed at
1.Dholavira 2. Lothal
7. A copper chariot of Harappan was discovered at
8. One of the following sites from where the famous bull seal of Indus Valley civilization was found
9. From which one of the following places remains of wells have been found in the house belonging to the developed stage of the Indus valley Civilization?
10. Who discovered the Indus valley Civilization?
1.Sir Leonard Wooley 2.V.S Agarwal
3.Dayaram 4.A.L Baham
11. The archaeological finds from Alamgirpur in Ghaziabad district the
1.Harappan Culture 2.Vedic Culture
3.Mauryan Culture 4.Gupta Period Culture
12. Cotton for textile was first cultivated in
3.Central America 4.India
13. Rock cut architecture in Harappan culture context has been found at
14. The people of the Indus valley civilization usually their houses of
1.pucca bricks 2.stone
3.wood 4.all of these
15. The Indus valley people traded with the
16. Which of the followings animals was not known to the Indus valley Civilization?
17. Which one of the following Indus Civilization site gives evidence of a dockyard?
18. Lothal is a site where dockyard of which of the following civilization were found?
1.Indus valley 2.Mesopotamian
19. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the given below the lists
a.Lothal 1.Ploughed field
c.Dholavira 3.Terracotta replica of a plough
d.Banawali 4. An inscription comprising ten large sized sign of the
A B C D
1. 1 2 3 4
2. 2 1 4 3
3. 1 2 4 3
4. 2 1 3 4
20. Which one of the following statements regarding Harappan Civilization is correct?
1.The standard Harappan seals were made of clay
2.The inhabitants of Harappan had neither knowledge of copper nor bronze
3.The Harappan civilization was rural based
4.The inhabitants of Harappan grew and used cotton
21. The local name Mohenjodaro is
1.mound of the living 2.mound of the great
3.mound of dead 4.mound of the survivor
22. The predominant funerary practice at Harappan was
2.burying ash kept in an urn
3.making a memorial to mark the site
4.Extended burial of the body with pottery
23. Consider the following Statements and select the correct answer from the codes given below
1. Mohenjodaro, Harappan ,Roper and Kalibangan are important places of Indus valley civilization 2. Harappan people developed planed cities with network of streets and drainage system.
3. Harappan people did not know use of metals
a.1 and 2 are correct
b.1 and 3 are correct
c.2 and 3 are correct
d.1,2 and 4 are correct
24. Which one of the following was not known to the Harappan?
1.Construction of wells 2.Construction of pillars 3.Construction of drains 4.Construction of Arches
25.The famous figure of a dancing girl found in the excavation of Mohenjodaro was made up of
3.bronze 4.red limestone